Rotary District 7910 Newsletter - January 4, 2016
If you have any special events you would like me to attend or any inductions or presentations you would like me to make, just let me know.
For complete list of District/Club Events, click here
If your event does not show on that list, let me know.
Monday, January 4-Monday, January 18
Tuesday, January 5,6:00-9:00 p.m.Holiday Inn, Boxborough
Monday, January 116:30-8:30 p.m.Holiday Inn, Boxborough
Tuesday, January 125:00-9:00 p.m.
Specifically, we will spend 90 minutes learning about how to:
- Encourage giving to Annual Fund, PolioPlus, and the Endowment Fund
- Set goals for giving on Rotary Club Central
- Access and understand information from key Foundation reports in MyRotary
A detailed Webinar Agenda and a registration notice will be e-mailed to you after January 4, so please stay tuned. And again, thank you very much for your survey responses. Nearly 40 surveys were received and many topics were ranked. We are also planning three to four more webinars based on your responses in the areas of building strong Rotary Foundation committees and training club chairs, grant management, and Global Grant development and implementation. Please look out for these future offerings.
Ron Smith, regional Rotary Foundation coordinator for Zone 32, may be reached at email@example.com.
- Peace and Conflict Resolution, January 15-16 in Ontario, California
- Disease Prevention and Treatment, February 19-20 in Cannes, France
- Economic Development, February 27 in Cape Town, South Africa
- Literacy and WASH in Schools, March 11-13 in Kolkata, India
- WASH in Schools, March 18-19 in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Registration and Pizza: 5:30-6:00 p.m.
- Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance, District Rotaract Chair Carl Gomes: 6:00-6:05 p.m.
- Seminar Overview, District Youth Services Chair Carol Toomey: 6:05-6:10 p.m.
- Panel Discussion: 6:10-7:00 p.m.
- Breakout Sessions, Facilitated by Worcester Rotarian Robin Currie: 7:00-8:20 p.m.
- Closing Remarks, Carl Gomes and Robin Currie: 8:20-8:30 p.m.
- Moderator: Carol Toomey of Nashoba Valley Rotary, chair of District Youth Services Committee
- Karen Jacobs of Brookline Rotary, advisor to Boston University Rotaract
- Victor Tom of Bedford Rotary, advisor to MIT Rotaract
- Pat Doyle of Northborough Rotary, co-District Governor Elect
- Rita Newman or Mike Figueroa of WPI Rotaract
- Karen Jacobs: How to form a Rotaract club, including the roles and responsibilities of the president, the Rotary advisor and - in the case of campus-based clubs - the faculty advisor
- Victor Tom: How to run a Rotaract club, including outlining the criteria for the Presidential Citation
- Pat Doyle: How to sustain a Rotaract club, including membership and financial viability and sustainability
- Rita Newman or Mike Figueroa: Why I'm a Rotaractor, including what I expect and need from the Rotary and faculty advisors
Save The Dates! May 20, 21 and 22
Rotary Foundation One Of Top 5 Charities In World
District 7910 Seeks Funds For Guyana Playground Project
We and all of you are about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. We are about to go to the Rotary International Training Session in San Diego, so we will be ready to help all of you become well-prepared club presidents in 2016-2017. Read more
Foundation Notes: Great Projects Build Great Rotarians And Strong Clubs
- To submit content for consideration for the Monday, January 11 issue of Rotary District 7910 Newsletter, please e-mail it Jim Fusco at firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission deadline is Friday, January 8. All text must be in Word format. All images must be in either JPEG or PDF format.