Rotary District 7910 Newsletter - March 7, 2016
2016 District Conference: Plymouth Rocks!
- Hospitality 'Sweets' Request Form
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facebook "Like" Contest
Attend A Presidential Conference
- Literacy and WASH in Schools, March 11-13 in Kolkata, India
- WASH in Schools, March 18-19 in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Harbor Cruise aboard the Pilgrim Belle: click here. Five-minute walk from the hotel. 1-1/12-hour cruise of Plymouth Harbor. You must register and pay for this event in advance because space is limited. Your price includes a box lunch: for Deli Box lunch $30, click here; and for Lobster Roll, $40, click here.
- Golfing at the Squirrel Run Golf Course: click here. 14 minute drive from the hotel. Tee time is 12 noon. A great opportunity to golf at the beautiful Squirrel Run Golf Course. Price is only $40 person and includes your golf cart. Space is limited so make your reservations early: click here.
- Plymouth Rock: Hotel 1620 at Plymouth Harbor is only 75 feet from the waterfront, and Plymouth Rock is only a short walk away, along the harbor. After seeing the Rock, just stroll along Water Street and enjoy the quaint shops.
- Plimouth Plantation: 13-minute drive from the hotel. In our House of Friendship, there will be a display by Plimouth Plantation. Stop by the display and pick up your discount tickets. Enjoy Plimouth Plantation on Saturday afternoon and again on Sunday, with admission.
- Walking Tour of Plymouth: Just walk out the front door of the Hotel 1620 at Plymouth Harbor and you will be a short walk from quaint shops, restaurants, ice cream shops, souvenir shops, wineries and more.
- Stay at Hotel 1620: If you choose not to leave the hotel, there would plenty to do. Wander through the House of Friendship and see all the great displays that your clubs and District 7910 have created. Or, just enjoy a leisurely afternoon at the indoor pool.
Ukraine Rotary Clubs Need Our Help With Recent Polio Outbreaks
Friday, April 15: District 7910 - Deadline for Facebook Contest
RYLA Next Steps: Promote applications
Promote Rotarian Youth Leadership Awards applications with RYLA flyers and public relations.
Interview the applicants, using these documents:
- Applicant Selection Guidelines
- Applicant Interview Questions
- Applicant Evaluation Forms
To download the Club Pack, which contains those three documents, click here.
The Club Pack is a valuable resource for both RYLA chairs and Rotary Clubs.
Membership Corner: A suggested strategy to increase your club membership
- Treat Rotary Foundation grant funds as a sacred trust to be constantly safeguarded from loss, misuse, or diversion and to be used only for the stated purpose that shall be strictly interpreted by Rotary Foundation Code of Policies 75, January 2016.
- Exercise the highest attention to the prevention of even the appearance that Rotary Foundation funds are being used in an improper manner, whether such appearance may be in the eyes of Rotarians or the general public. Such attention is expected to go beyond that afforded to the use of private or corporate funds.
- Assure competent and thorough oversight of the project with clear delineation of responsibility. Read more
If you are looking for a simple Microsoft Word document template for your club newsletter, Rotary International has added a new template to its Brand Center. (Sign-in for RI website is required - this is not available pon ClubRunner.) You can also find the template on the District 7910 website: Click here. You can swap out pictures, edit headlines, and add your own club’s news and activities. The font styles and colors all meet the new Rotary branding.
- Friday, April 8, 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Holiday Inn, Boxborough
- Prepare incoming club leaders for their year in office and build their leadership teams
- Give the district governor-elect and incoming assistant governors and district committees the opportunity to motivate club leadership teams and develop their working relationships
- Presidents-elect (who are required to attend both the PETS and the Post-PETS seminars)
- Incoming club secretaries
- Incoming club treasurers
- Incoming club committee chairs (especially, chairs of the administration, membership, public relations, and service projects committees)
Bandey-Hefler Reflections: Farewell photos and promo video