Happy Thanksgiving to all!
By Pat and Skip Doyle
WELCOME, NEW ROTARIANS
- Cathy Crowley, Groton-Pepperell
- Michelle Drolet, Charles River
- Matt Evans, Groton-Pepperell
- Steve James, Groton-Pepperell
- Howard Kendall, Nashoba Valley
- Jan Luchetti, Weston-Wayland
- Mac Spencer, Weston-Wayland
REMEMBERING OUR ROTARIANS
Hot Off the Press! 2016-2017 District Directory
OUR PRESIDENTS SPEAK
DG VISITS LAST WEEK
CLUB MEMBERSHIP GROWTH, ’16-‘17
CLUB PLANNING WORKSHEET '16-'17
DISTRICT & CLUB ROUNDS
Auburn's Pancake Breakfast Raises $3,500 for Local High School Scholarships
Club scholarships awarded at the end of the 2015-2016 school year will be presented on Wednesday, December 21 during a Dinner Ceremony with the four recipients and their parents, which will be held starting at 5:30 p.m. at Chuck’s Steak House, located at 10 Prospect St. (immediately off Route 20) in Auburn.
- Thomas Anderson, an Auburn High School graduate who attends Worcester State University
- Abigail Lucas, an Auburn High graduate who attends the University of Connecticut
- Zachary Martins, a Bay Path Regional Vocational Technical High School graduate who attends the University of Northwestern Ohio
- Zachary Randall, an Auburn High graduate who attends the University of Maine
While volunteer groups range in size and frequency of service, those giving back at the Bristol Lodge Soup Kitchen perform site setup and cleanup and a variety of other tasks to maintain the Soup Kitchen’s cleanliness, organization and overall condition. Soup Kitchen employees oversee the facility each afternoon and evening, ensuring that participants are served nutritious meals in a clean and welcoming environment.
In addition to an ongoing partnership with the Greater Boston Food Bank, the Bristol Lodge Soup Kitchen relies on food donations from volunteer groups and community partners. Donations include a variety of proteins, vegetables, fruits, grains and dairy. With tens of thousands of meals served annually, the Soup Kitchen continues to be a critical resource for individuals and families in Waltham and beyond.
Veterans discussed the recent election and what they planned to do for the rest of the day over pancakes and eggs, at a Veterans Day breakfast at the First Parish Church of Stow and Acton, sponsored by the Rotary Club of Nashoba Valley.
Some reflected about their service.
Robert “Bob” Walrath (shown), 78, was in the 9th Regiment Marine Corps during the Cold War. As he sipped coffee, he spoke of his time in the service.
Photo: Jacquelyn Jarnagin, The Beacon-Villager
- Paul Gallagher: Army, Infantry, Korea
- Jim O’Connor: Army, New York National Guard, Captain
- Paul Reilly: Army, Captain, Desert Storm
- Jim Tepper: Marines, Colonel, Helicopter pilot, Vietnam
Chelmsford Serves Coffee, Donuts at Veterans Park
Framingham's Pancake Breakfast A Huge Success
District's Membership Workshops a Huge Success
On to Atlanta in 2017: Early-Registration Discount Ends December 15
MAJOR DISTRICT & CLUB HAPPENINGS: FALL 2016
Thursday, November 24: Westborough - 'Thanksgiving Dinner'
Through Wednesday, December 7: Framingham - 'Click & Bid 2016 Online Auction'
Wednesday, December 7: Rotary Means Business - 'Networking Fellowship for Rotarians and Friends'