NEPETS A Great Success, This Month's Membership Workshops, Next Month's Multi-District Conference
By Pat and Skip Doyle
- Getting more from Rotary: Balancing Rotary, your work and your personal life; and, maintaining a healthy Rotary lifestyle: Finding your Rotary passion and tips for being a Rotary spouse or partner.
- This Train-the-Trainer workshop on the Peer Leadership and Depression Prevention program teaches Interact teens how to co-facilitate locally the emotional-wellness project, teaching youth group audiences how to help either one's elf or a friend through tough times. This program has been implemented by clubs in Massachusetts, Puerto Rico and India.
- This panel discussion will focus of the Three Rs of Rotary Membership by exploring how Rotary club leaders and members can recruit, retain and recognize people.This session will give you specific ideas and techniques that your club can immediately implement to help get more publicity and help you reach all Rotarians - including a younger demographic.
- What you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask. We will be describing our experiences in two very different areas of the Rotary world: the Indian subcontinent (India and Bangladesh) and west Africa (Nigeria).
- How can you get beyond the “no one knows Rotary” dilemma? It starts with you and your club, and not just your Public Relations Chair. Every Rotarian is a brand ambassador. Applicable to all Rotarians, learn PR tips and tricks and best practices from our panel of experts who represent our four districts.
- Are we prepared to walk the path that it will take youth into Rotary? Prove it. Hear three youth voices that will describe the authentic Rotary progression and journey. What can we as Rotarians do to properly Inspire, engage, empower and deliver our youth leaders into becoming Rotarian leaders of today. This will be an in-depth focused group discussion with solid action items for districts, clubs and individual Rotarians to act immediately upon.
- This session is an interactive exercise to identify personality styles and how style influences behavior, teamwork and leadership. Participants plot their personality styles and then compare them with research data. The session will include the discussion of the challenges of matching personalities.
- Rotary Community Corps of Adult Day Health Programs: families living with the reality of dementia/Alzheimer's; taking action against dementia/Alzheimer's - the challenge is real; focus on research, a cure, patients, and caregivers.
- Revisit as many clubs as possible in the next few months.
- Help our clubs achieve the goals they set in July
- Do all we can to build membership in the district
- Plan a grand event to celebrate our Million Dollar Foundation Journey
- "Move the ball forward," in harmony, with District Governor-ElectKarin Gaffney, District Governor-Nominee Steve Sager and District Governor-Nominee-Designate Pamela Anastasi
- Celebrate all of this at our Multi-District Conference this April in in Providence
WELCOME, NEW ROTARIANS
- Cristen Beard, DMD, Franklin
- Annamaria Chittim, Shrewsbury
- Wilmar Ruiz, Dedham
- Christy Shepard, Acton-Boxborough
DISTRICT SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: EXTENDED TO APRIL 15
- To learn more about the Morley Scholarship, click here.
- To download the application in Word format, click here.
- To download the application in PDF format, click here.
- To download the flyer in PDF format, click here.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP GROWTH, ’16-‘17
DISTRICT & CLUB ROUNDS
Auburn Rotary, Horses and Heroes Foundation Saddle Up for Tarentino Strong
To learn more the Ronald Tarentino Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund, click here.
Framingham, Wachusett Area Partner for NEADS
By Roy Balfour
The Polish-Ukrainian Rotary project deals with rehabilitation in Poland of a group of 25 Ukrainian children who are 10 to 12 years old, plus three accompanying adults. The children belong to families who lost their parents in the war unleashed in the East of Ukraine. This project has been successfully going on for the last three Rotary years successfully, and its main financial burden was carried by Polish Rotary clubs.
Westborough Donates to Good Shepard Lutheran Church for Food-Packing Event
Multi-Club Power Play: Needham Teams Up with Framingham, Newton, Waltham and Watertown on India Solar-Power Project
Bedford Gears Up for April Meal-Packing Event
Great Fundraising Tool for All Clubs: Westborough uses PayPal to raise nearly $2,000 for Polio Plus
Video Now Available: Governor Baker addresses district Rotarians
MAJOR DISTRICT & CLUB HAPPENINGS: SPRING 2017
- To register for March 21 in Auburn, click here
- To register for March 23 in Acton: click here
- To register for March 28 in Wellesley, click here
- To register for March 30 in West Boylston, click here
Saturday, April 29: Multi-District - 'Youth Conference'
- 2017 Multi-District Conference - Youth Program Registration Form - PDF Format
- 2016-2017 Presidential Citation for Interact Clubs - PDF Format