RLI Leads - April 11, 2017
Next RLI is on May 6 in Peabody
By David Kaiser
The last opportunity to attend the Rotary Leadership Institute this spring will be Saturday, May 6 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Peabody. The registration fee of $90 includes all materials and lunch.
An informed Rotarian is apt to be more engaged, which leads to a more vibrant and successful Club. This is why RLI was founded—to help clubs thrive!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO REVIEW AND UNDERSTAND
1. RLI is a multi-district, grassroots program founded here in New England to provide leadership development as well as general insight for all Rotarians.
2. While RLI seeks to help Rotary clubs to prepare Rotarians who appear to have the potential for future club leadership (not necessarily as club presidents), it is also a great resource for Rotarians who want to learn more about Rotary in general.
3, There is a misconception that if you attend RLI you must be interested in becoming your club’s president. Therefore, many Rotarians who just want to know more about Rotary or desire getting best practices for their committee and other club programs do not explore RLI.
YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO:
- Ask your club’s past RLI attendees to share their experience at a club meeting.
- Establish and communicate a club policy offering financial support to those wanting to attend RLI. (Many clubs see this as an investment in the long-term health of the club.)
- Ask your club Rotarians to go to www.rlinea.org to explore RLI - and to register.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange for me to speak at a club meeting about RLI, feel welcome to contact me. Thank you for your time and support!
David Kaiser is the new chair of the District RLI Committee. If you have other questions or would like to arrange for him to speak at a club meeting, please feel welcome to e-mail him at Kaiser@westboroughrotary.org.