The Importance of Membership
To be effective, a Rotary club needs members. Your club’s ability to serve the community, support The Rotary Foundation, and develop leaders capable of serving Rotary beyond the club level is directly related to the size and strength of its membership base.
Developing your club’s membership requires identifying and attracting potential members as well as retaining current members. New members bring fresh ideas and new energy to a club. Current members are crucial to continuing your club’s good works.
IN THIS SECTION:
- information for New Rotarians and Prospective Rotarians
- a link to the New Member Proposal Form
- membership tools & resources for clubs
- info regarding the district's annual Membership Forum event
- the "Membership Corner" blog, where you'll find some great tips for strengthening club membership
Club executives, and particularly the Club Membership Chair, should visit the Membership section in the Learning & Reference area of Rotary International's website, where you will find a variety of helpful tools and resources, including a club brochure template, strategies for attracting and keeping members, tips for using social media to attract members, a guide for new member orientation, and much more.
District 7910 Membership Committee Chair: Satya Mitra